We have no heat.
Let me back-up a moment. The floor finishers return post-Fernando to stain and varnish the kitchen floor. It seems they position the plastic door dust barrier so as to guide the highly combustible fumes directly into our high efficiency furnace air intake vent.
The floor guys leave and James smells smoke. He frantically looks for the source and finds something has combusted inside our furnace, leaving us without heat. Of course the floor guys say they have never heard of this. Of course the furnace guys say they’ve seen it multiple times. So our two-years-young furnace is now broken and we’ve celebrated the holidays gathered around the space heater. And this is why I am blogging in my glittens.